simple happiness everyday.


Thursday, March 24, 2011

lost.


i'm sorry that i have been out of touch for the past couple of days. i've been feeling a bit quiet. feeling a little lost in my heart. it usually happens this way after jeff leaves. it takes me a day or two and i find my way again. our lives move on.

today, this sense of lost has made me think a lot about japan and the devastation there. suddenly i am not feeling so lost anymore. and i cannot even imagine their feelings of extreme loss.

i don't know why this has been on my mind so much today. i thought about it a lot as i slowly moved around the house cleaning bedrooms and putting laundry away. i thought about how happy and thankful i am for our home. how i love making beds pretty and neatly placing clothes in drawers, while thinking about what i'll be making for dinner. how in a few hours, my children will get off the bus and i'll see their smiling faces as they run towards me and tell me something about their happy day. how we will go to sleep tonight in warm beds after praying, saying "i love you's" and good night to daddy. so many thoughts of how wonderfully fortunate we really are.

so, although my heart may be feeling a bit lost these days. i cannot imagine experiencing such devastation and the sense of loss as so many people in japan are feeling today.


No comments:

Post a Comment