simple happiness everyday.


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

a room of his own.

Finally... after living in our home for almost 3 years, I feel like Slade has a room of his own. A couple of months ago I painted his room a (dark) Alligator Skin green. It was his choice and I went with it. However, it wasn't until this past weekend that I actually hung anything back on the walls and rearranged his furniture

Since, the walls are such a dark color, I decided to accent the room with red. And, it is one of Slade's favorite colors. He has been very helpful in telling me what he likes and doesn't like. After all, it is his room and a place where I want him to find comfort.

Still on my list to do:
  1. decoupage the desk with old maps
  2. make a large calendar on the bulletin board that hangs on the wall in front of his desk
  3. replace his ceiling fan
  4. hang a few old signs that were just too heavy for me to do alone
So, although there are still things I want to do, I finally feel like the room is his. It is all about him and what he likes and enjoys. It's now his place of comfort.

1 comment:

  1. As usual you have out did yourself....your creativity and thought you put into all you do is amazing. Love you with all my heart...mom

    ReplyDelete