simple happiness everyday.


Friday, July 9, 2010

friday favorites: collecting.


for years I've had a passion for collecting sea glass. i am so fascinated by these ocean gems. amazingly, they are simply aged pieces of glass with hues of blue, green, brown and white that have tumbled against the ocean floor giving them this wonderfully frosted patina. my collection holds so many memories for me of the places i once lived, visited and vacationed by.

pictured above are the pieces i recently found along the beach in atlantic city, new jersey. as strange as it seems for me, it was, by far, the best place I have ever found sea glass.
i was completely amazed and excited as i strolled along the shore with my husband and found these wonderful shimmers in the sand.

is there something you love to collect
? does it hold special memories for you too?


please note: beginning this week, i will begin posting some of my favorite things on fridays. the topics will change weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment