simple happiness everyday.


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

lazy days.

morning view from the apartment in Oklahoma

It has been a lazy few days here in Oklahoma. We haven't left the apartment since we've arrived. In a way, it is refreshing to just stay put. No schedules to meet. No where to go. Or places to be. It's just us, being together. We've played games- lots of games. And, I've been able to do some reading.

It's given me the freedom to cook meals I haven't made in awhile. Yesterday, I took the time to make polenta and portabella tamales and a pot of shrimp tortilla soup. It's challenging to cook in a kitchen that is not my own and to utilize the tools and ingredients on hand, but so enjoyable to cook without being on a schedule.


Today we're venturing out. Meeting some friends. Maybe we'll do a little shopping. And, see some new sites here in Oklahoma.

1 comment: