simple happiness everyday.


Monday, August 2, 2010

back to school.

today marks the beginning of a brand new school year.

with tanned smiley faces, two of my three children got on the bus this morning and went off to school. slade was a genuine big brother and held elle's hand as she got on the bus for the very first time. she was so excited- a little nervous but such a bi
g girl. i stood there with tears in my eyes holding onto my little sia and waved as the bus pull away. so happy for my little ones and the year that's ahead of them. the fun. the learning. the friends they will meet. and the many ways they will grow and thrive. yet i am sad. they are growing right before my eyes. they are becoming so independent. so big. they aren't so little any more. it's hard for a me as a mom. it's hard for me to just let go and send them off to school. it was hard to watch that bus pull away. no car seats. no seat belts. just like that, they are gone.

however, i know it won't be long. it won't be long before we are back at the bus st
op this afternoon. with sia and jeff by my side, we will be waiting to see those same smiling faces as they come off that same bus. and, i'll be so anxious to ask all those questions a mother wants to know about their first day and their time away from home. for me as a mom, it will get easier i know.

elle smiling so big as she is headed to the bus stop

slade and elle, hand in hand, getting on the bus together

2 comments:

  1. did you make her backpack?! its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no. wish i could say i did.... found it at target on clearance about a year ago. couldn't wait for her to use it this year!

    ReplyDelete