simple happiness everyday.


Saturday, January 9, 2010

renewal and hope.


Today we are taking down the Christmas decorations. It brings a sense of sadness to me. The house feels empty, stripped of the warmth Christmas brings. I enjoy decorating each room with a little bit of Christmas, so it takes more than a day to take all of it down and put it away. And with each thing I remove, I am reminded of a memory or idea comes to me of what I can put in its place.

But, with the sadness and emptiness, there is a sense of renewal and happiness too. It is a New Year. A year of hope for what is to come. There will be holidays, birthdays and anniversaries to celebrate. A year of school and accomplishments complete. More miles traveled and trips to make. Time spent with distant family and friends. Summer vacations. A new school year will begin. (Elle will ride the school bus and start kindergarten this year!).
There will be surprises and growth for each one of us.

We have so much to be thankful for, so much to hope for. But most of all, this year will bring another
year of simple joys for our family. I am certain of that. Moments we may simply smile at or those we will laugh uncontrollably at, maybe even moments that are so gratifying they bring tears to our eyes.

So, although the house is feeling a bit empty and stark without all the holiday decor, there is warmth here. Our home is filled with lots of brightness
, faith and the love a family shares.

Thank you for a wonderful 2009. And I welcome 2010 with much hope and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment